Been getting some of my recordings done for the virtual music fundraiser for tornado relief in our area! I really don't have a whole lot I want to talk about today, so here's another piece of music: Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini. An area symphony orchestra that I'm a part of played this piece at our February concert. It is a theme and variation sort of thing, and if you don't have time to listen to the entire piece (which I HIGHLY recommend -- I love this piece!), at least listen to my favorite variation, which is about 14:57 - 17:47.
Psalm 98:4-6 says, "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn--shout for joy before the Lord, the King." (NIV) Have a joyful day!
Bye,
Christina Austine
No comments:
Post a Comment